Coronavirus Policies & Preventative Measures
We understand there are ongoing questions and concerns regarding the novel coronavirus, also referred to as COVID-19, and how it applies to you and your loved ones here in our program. Our goal is to keep our clients, employees, families and community partners updated and informed on StepHouse Recovery’s response as it evolves. We are working closely within our leadership team and receiving updates and guidance from the Orange County Public Health Care Agency and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
All agencies are advising that the best thing we can do to reduce the risk within our community is to focus on prevention and share updates. We are monitoring the situation and implemented internal protocols to minimize the risks of contracting and spreading COVID-19 including:
- Cancelling all outside visits
- Increased sanitation of our facilities for infection control. We have increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete thorough wipe down of all facilities and common areas. Staff has been instructed to perform continuous disinfection of surfaces and other areas where infection can be transmitted, i.e., doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Purchased and are using additional sanitary supplies including soap, hand sanitizers, antimicrobial wipes, and disinfectant sprays.
- Posted informational signs on proper hand-washing techniques and hand sanitizing.
- Implemented mandatory training for employees on hand-washing and hand sanitation.
- Instituted screenings for visitors. Anyone deemed a possible risk to our clients or staff will not be allowed at the facility.
- An additional screening process for potential admissions that includes questions about symptoms, recent illnesses, travel overseas, and family or friends who have symptoms or traveled abroad.
- Developed specific health and safety protocols for any clients presenting with flu-like symptoms, including emergency isolation protocols.
- Dispersed flu/COVID-19 prevention information and instructed staff to stay home if they are sick per CDC recommendations. Staff who report to work ill will be sent home in accordance with these health guidelines.
- Instructed any clients to stay home if they are sick and seek appropriate medical care.
- Temporarily postponed client outings (this includes outside meetings) – alternative & virtual options are being made available.
StepRecovery is committed to staying current with the evolution of this health concern. We will continue to implement best practices pursuant to CDC guidelines for minimizing risk, and closely monitor the situation within our sites and more broadly. We do have further preparations in place if the situation escalates. Our staff and clients’ safety is our top priority and we will continue to assess this situation and provide updates.
As you have trusted us to take care of your clients we want you to know that we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of all of our clients and staff. We understand that this is a stressful time, and we are here to support our clients, families, and colleagues.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 888-923-7623.