Sober Coaching and Companions fill in the gaps between the recovering individual and recovering communities, personalizing the sobriety process that goes beyond these broader venues of help.
Learn More About Sober Coaching and Companions
What is Sober Coaching?
Sober Coaching fills in the gap between the individual and indigenous recovering communities (such as 12-Step meetings, therapists, churches, and residential treatment facilities), helping to personale the recovery process in a way that goes beyond these broader venues of help. At StepHouse Recovery, each of our coaches has at least five years of continuous abstinence.
They understand the array of barriers that have prevented you from defining, joining, and remaining in healthy environments. These barriers may be internal (emotional, medical, mental, or spiritual). There may also be external problems or blockades that prevent addicts from meeting their needs related to stress-free housing, employment, nutrition, socialization, and transportation.
Your StepHouse Recovery Sobriety Coach will:
- Meet you at the airport.
- Stay with you upon your return home.
- If you like 12 Step meetings, we will take you to the best meetings in your area.
- If you prefer, we will go nowhere near a 12 Step meeting with you.
- We will intercede with family members, business, associates, and other interested parties to ensure effective communication – and lay some ground rules on your behalf.
- They rarely understand where you’re coming from. But we understand, and will act as your advocate on your behalf.
- You need to make a quick trip out of town or work? We will be there to support you, providing you the assistance you deserve to ensure your investment in yourself continues to pay dividends.
- You don’t know how to talk to your dentist or doctor? We do. We will help.
- How do you explain to your children or your co-workers where you’ve been, and what you’ve been through? We will help.
- In a nutshell, our StepHouse Recovery Sober Coaches are the insurance policy you need to protect the investment you have made in a treatment.
What is a Sober Companion?
Your sober companion is a discreet, professional service provider whose assignment is to look after your needs and to do everything in his or her power to help you avoid relapse. Sober companions spend incredible amounts of time with you: work days, work nights, extended periods of time, and even 24 hours a day – all of which can be done for weeks or months at a time.
At StepHouse Recovery, your sober companion will challenge and support you to make lifestyle changes and experience a better quality of life. Whatever your needs, StepHouse Recovery has the coaching and companionship staff and experience to help you achieve your goals and alleviate you from the bondage of drugs and alcohol.
Your StepHouse Recovery Sober Companion will:
- Build your confidence by giving you a new experience in situations which previously led to relapse.
- Emphasize your new success with abstinence.
- Our coaches specializes with individuals with multiple attempts at sobriety.
- Help you identify areas which present roadblocks to continued abstinence.
- Transport you to and from every location throughout the day.
- Ensure a drug-free environment, including hotel rooms, executive offices, studio sets or trailers, residences, personal vehicles, (etc.)
- Help you with all the “triggers” in the world.
- A constant companion will be of great benefit to you especially if you are resistant to drugs or alcohol since they will ensure a relapse does not occur. This is especially true for the individual who has chronic relapse experiences.